Tour de Taiwan - From Taichung (9 days & 8 nights)
Our professional team will surely make your dream come true~
Round-the-Island may be a challenge, yet not as difficult as you imagine.
Giant provides you comprehensive equipment, resources, and services.
Accompany your completion of cycling tour in Taiwan.
【Total Trip Distance: 910 KM Average Speed Per Hour: Approx. 20-25 KM】
- Quadruple NT 27500 /person
- Triple NT 31000 /person
- Double NT 32500 /person
- Single NT 42500 /person
Xiluo Bridge: With 1939.03 meters in length and 7.3 meters in width, the Bridge has 32 piers and 31 bridge openings. Made by steel and concrete, it applied Warren Truss design. Upon its completion, it was the second largest bridge around the world, second only to Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, the United States.
Chyayi Performing Art Center: PAC is the abbreviation of Chiayi Performing Arts Center、which also stands for its mission－Profession; Aesthetics; Cheers! The planning for Chiayi Performing Arts Center can be traced back to 1995、followed by construction project commencement in 1997. Because of lack of funds due to many reasons、the project was suspended twice in 1998 and 1999. All of the construction was completed in 2005.
Provincial Highway No. 26: The highway is also known as Ping-E Highway for the stretch between Fangshan and Cape Eluanbi in Kenting National Park. It is the primary highway to Kenting National Park and the beaches in Kenting. The route length is 93.5 kilometers.
Mudan Reservoir: Mudan Reservoir is the largest reservoir of Pingtung County. It is surrounded by mountains with a charming view.
Tungyuan Water Grassland: Unique and Rare wetland topography in Taiwan, with the Bareet grass tangle together and dancing with the wind from time to time. Remember to bring spare clothes, scandal here, it’s amazing experience to barefoot into the wetland to dancing with the grass.
Shouka: It’s the crossing point of Provincial Highway No. 9 and County Highway No. 199. It’s famous and popular for photo taking.
Zhiben Hot Spring: The springs in this area are carbonic acid springs, are colorless and odorless, and have a temperature of more than 100 degrees Celsius. Hot springs are supposedly good for treating skin disease, arthritis, and neuralgia. They also stimulate blood circulation and relax muscles.
Chishang Rice Bian Dang: It’s the specialty of Chishang County of Taitung. Chishang was named “Xin Kai Yuan” in Qing Dynasty, with the meaning of newly established farm. During the Japanese Ruling Period, most of the residents lived in Dapochi, so it was renamed “Chishang”, meaning “on Chi” in Chinese. There are three special features of Chishang Bian Dang: cooked with Chishang rice, packed in wooden box, and served with dry side dishes.
County Road No. 193: It is the longest County Road in Taiwan, parallel with the East Rift Valley (Provincial Highway No. 9) and East Coast Road (Provincial Highway No. 11). It’s the best route for cyclists. Along the smooth road and countryside path, let’s take photos with the beautiful landscape.
Ruisui Hot Springs: The temperature of the Ruisui Hot Springs is about 48°C. The water is of a low-alkaline "Chloride-carbonate" type, and is also abundant in minerals such as iron and barium. After the water's iron content has oxidized into the atmosphere, a layer of muddy, yellow crystallized matter with a light, rusty aroma is left on the surface of the water.
Danongdafu Forest Park: Covers an area of vast, about 1,250 hectares, boasting mesmerizing sceneries and recreation features. The park also features various recreation facilities such as bicycle trail, pond, walk path and many other family-friendly features.
Luodong Night Market: The night market offers local snacks and fashionable shops. Local snacks range from mutton herbal soup, iced tapioca with red bean stuffed, rice noddle thick soup and Yilan specialties, such as ox-tongue-shaped pastry, smoked duckling etc.
Fulog: In front of the Fulong Train Station, visitors will see many lunch box stores, which have become the most well known local specialty. Since Fulong is located at the center of the Northeast Coast National Scenic Area, the Administration Center is also located here to offer help to tourists. Local recreational activities and scenic spots include the Fulong Beach, a bike path and the Longmen Camping Site.
Hsinchu City God Temple: The Temple, located at Hsinchu City, is classified as a third-class historic site. In 1891, Master Chang in Qing Dynasty predicted a major catastrophe, and the City God Temple was suggested to be the worship ceremony location by local celebrity. So the City God of this temple was approved as the mighty deity. It had been the only province-class temple of its kind. The wooden carvings inside the temple, made by a master carpenter, Yishun Wang, were worth of the visit.
Siangshan wet land: Siangshan intertidal zone had been listed as part of the Eastern Asia-Pacific Water Bird Protection Network by the Ramsar Convention in 1996 and was also an important habitat for wild-bird conservation listed by international bird associations.
Taiyen Tongxiao Tourism Factory: is the only salt industry tourist factory present in Taiwan. It’s commitment to education in salt and water technology is promoted in a unique way as the factory itself and the surrounding attractions provide the public with both educational and recreational establishments.
Giant Manufacturing Co.: The company was founded by King Liu in Dajia Township of Taichung. The brand “Giant” was established in 1981, and then Giant Bicycle Inc. was built for the sale and business promotion. The founder King Liu explains the company was firstly started by 8 local people, so that’s why they picked Dajia to build the factories.
Zhuifen Station: It was opened on 11 October 1922. There are two island platforms at Zhuifen Station. This is a wooden station and it is now one of city historical site.
【Dismiss Location】Approx. 18:00PM at Taichung Liv store
Remarks and Notices
- Rates include:
- Snacks, Bike and helmet rental ,bike repair, support van, luggage van, and video recording of selected tour events(for download only, no CD available).
- Tips of staff.
- Accommodations, meals, admission tickets during the tour.
- Travel liability insurance (including benefits for medical expenses of up to NT$200,000) has been obtained for this activity. When applying for any claim, please also provide with a medical certificate and an original copy of the receipt. Travel liability insurance coverage is only limited to accidents. The insurance coverage does not include any accident occurring due to a participant’s health conditions. If you think the coverage is insufficient, please obtain additional insurance, such as travel safety insurance, overseas emergency disease and health insurance, etc.
- Rates NOT include:
- Personal expenses, such as beverages, alcohols, shopping…, and so forth.
- Personal traveling insurance: One may purchase any other additional travel insurances to fit your needs.
- Expenses items not listed within the tour package and other suggested, one’s own or independent tour costs.
- Services provided:
- Support Van: efficient support van resupply services, bicycle delivery, and bicycle storage
- Bicycle repair and maintenance: professional technician and tool offers you a carefree cycling tour
- Safe Cycling: professional cyclists help manage the trip and accompany you all the way
- Cycling Tour Guide: Local attractions introduction
- Travel Services: traffics and accommodations arrangements
- Travel recording: complete cycling tour photography services
- Bicycle Rental Service: high end Giant bicycle rental available
- Additional Notices:
- Please inform us your height/weight upon registration for necessary bike arrangements. Name and phone number for one’s emergency contact purposes are also required.
- Tour participants
- Over 11 years old or height 145cm and above is suggested. And please summit Parental Agreement Form if you are under age 20. (Legal representative is required to accompany the participant under age 15 during the tour)
- Agreement are required for participants over 70 years old.(Accompany is required)
- Schedules and meals are subject to change to meet the needs of participants and weather condition.
- Accommodations and cycling routes are subject to change. Please refer to notices published on Giant Adventure official website. In the case of accommodations change, changes will only be made to hotels of the same level.
- Giant remains the explanation right of the tour and right for itinerary change if the weather or similar situation doesn’t allow certain schedule. Refund will NOT be given for participant who leaves or terminates the tour on his/her own.
- Cycling tour requires certain personal fitness; please take your own fitness level into consideration. People who have chronic or acute diseases are not suggested to participate. (such as cardiovascular disease)
- If the insurance coverage isn’t enough, participants are welcome to purchase additional insurance coverage to meet your need. Travel liability insurance coverage is only limited to accidents. The insurance coverage does not include any accident occurring due to a participant’s health conditions. If you think the coverage is insufficient, please obtain additional insurance, such as travel safety insurance, overseas emergency disease and health insurance, etc.
- Travelers have the obligation of disclosing their health conditions and providing with the medical certificate upon the request of the travel agent. As you need to have sufficient physical energy to complete the activity, we suggest that you should adjust fitness by starting training yourself 2 weeks prior to the activity.
- Health Conditions Survey (Please disclose based on your health conditions.)
- 【Consent form of security assurance of physical condition】
- 【Overseas Travel – Notice of Safety Insurance】(for people who are not staying with the group for the whole trip)